About SandyCreek Farm
(336)853-8834 email@example.com Follow us on Facebook Sign up for our E-Newsletter
What are MicroGreens?
- tiny vegetables, 8-14 days old with only their first leaves, far smaller than "baby greens"
- very tender & flavorful - a gourmet experience
- packed with nutrients (proteins, vitamins & minerals) but hardly a calorie
- considered to be a "functional food" (medicinal in addition to their normal nutritional values)
- ideal enhancements for salads, main dishes, soups or as a garnish
- colorful & add beauty to any dish
- have been found to have higher levels of concentrated active compounds (anti-oxidants) than mature plants or seeds
Our MicroGreens are available at the Farm Store & our booth at the Lexington Farmer's Market.
Grow-your-own Microgreen Kits are also available from us for $14.95 (includes tray & lid, soil, seeds).